You have no items in your shopping cart.
Swipe to the left
December 13, 2017 No comments
- 2 red onions, roughly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 eggplants, diced to 2 cm pieces
- 3 courgettes, diced to 2 cm pieces
- 3 capsicums, chopped to 2 cm pieces
- 6 ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- a small bunch of fresh basil, pick leaves off and finely chop stalks
- olive oil
- 3-4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon apple cidar vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a fry pan and heat. Add the onions, garlic, basil stalks and thyme and sautee for about 7 minutes or until they begin to soften.
- Add the eggplant, courgette and capsicum to the fry pan and add more olive oil if necessary. Cook for about 5 minutes, then add all the tomatoes, vinegar and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Mix thoroughly and cover to simmer on a low heat for about 30-40 minutes or until nicely reduced.
- Stir in the basil leaves and further salt and pepper seasoning if necessary.
Posted in: Recipes