You have no items in your shopping cart.
Swipe to the left
December 22, 2017 No comments
- 2 large eggplants, sliced to ½ cm thick slices
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1.4 kg beef mince, cooked and drained
- 420 g ricotta cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1½ cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ onion, diced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, ground
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes
- Heat olive oil in a fry pan on a medium heat. Sautee garlic and onion for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for about 20 minutes or until thick.
- Preheat oven to 180 °C (or 350 °F). Then place eggplant slices on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for about 10 minutes or until soft.
- Combine cooked mince with the marinara sauce.
- Combine ricotta, parmesan and egges in a bowl.
- Oil a large deep baking dish and layer lasagna in this order: marinara mix, cheese mix, eggplant, cheese mix, sauce and then finish off with mozzarella.
- Bake for about half an hour or until cheese is melted and lasagna is bubbling.