You have no items in your shopping cart.
Swipe to the left
Caprese Salad / Greek salad / Nicoise Salad
February 7, 2018 No comments
10 x (650g) small chat potatoes / new potatoes, halved 400g baby green beans 425g can tuna in olive oil or springwater, drained, flaked 250g cherry tomatoes, halved ¾ cup black olives 2 baby cos lettuce hearts, leaves separated, washed 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled, quartered 3 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, halved lengthways (optional) 1 quantity nicoise dressing
⅓ cup olive oil ⅓ cup red wine vinegar 1 tablespoon dijon mustard pepper & salt to taste crushed garlic (optional)
- Make dressing: Mix oil, vinegar and mustard in a glass jar with lid and shake - add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes or until just tender. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add beans to pan. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until bright green and just tender. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Drain. Add beans to potato.
- Add tuna, tomato, olives, lettuce, egg and anchovies (if using) to potato mixture. Add red wine dressing. Toss gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
1 red onion, thinly sliced 170g can pitted black olives 1 green and/or red bell pepper or capsicum, chopped 2 large tomatoes, chopped 1 cucumber, sliced 1 cup crumbled feta cheese 6 tablespoons olive oil 1 teaspoon dried oregano 1 lemon, juiced ground black pepper & sea salt to taste
- In a large salad bowl combine all of the chopped ingredients and feta cheese.
- In a separate bowl or glass jar combine the oil, lemon juice, dried herbs, pepper & salt and mix well.
- Pour this over the salad and mix well. Enjoy!
3 or 4 large tomatoes - cut into ½ inch slices 1 or 2 fresh Mozarella cheese - cut into ¼ inch slices ½ cup fresh basil leaves, whole leaves or sliced ¼ cup olive oil pepper & salt balsamic glaze (optional)
- On a flat serving platter layer alternate slices of tomato, mozarella and then basil.
- Sprinkle sea salt and cracked pepper over the salad, and then drizzle over the olive oil.
- A drizzle of Balsamic glaze is lovely too (can be bought or home-made using balsamic vinegar & honey).
Posted in: Recipes